The purpose of Chapter 8 is to:
- Introduce Escapees Chapter 8 Mexican Connection members to RV travel in Mexico, its scenery, traditions, food, culture and folklore.
- Travel South of the border and give back more than the enriching experiences we gain, through charity donations and business patronization.
- Enable Chapter 8 members to feel comfortable to return to Mexico for future rallies as well as their own road trip adventures.
We have one official rally each year in Mexico at which time
- Officers are elected
- A site is selected for the next year’s rally
- Charitable contributions are determined
- Other chapter business is conducted
How it all began. . .
Mexican Connection, Chapter 8 of the Escapees RV Club, was established in 1985 in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico, by a group of Escapees members who loved to winter in Mexico. They felt other Escapees would enjoy visiting that country.
Our elected officers are:
President, 1st Vice President – Wagonmaster, 2nd Vice President, 3rd Vice President, Secretary,Treasurer, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, Membership Chairman, and Historian.